It's sort of like matching game conditions.
The Steelers will practice at 5:30 p.m. ET Wednesday in Latrobe, just five days before their second preseason game of 2013. It's also the beginning of the end of training camp.
The Steelers officially break camp Sunday, which is a travel day for them before they take on the Redskins in Landover, Md. Aug. 19 on Monday Night Football. With so little time left, the Steelers are (and have been) operating on a similar schedule to what they'll be on during the regular season. Tuesdays off, a few full practices, the day before the game off and so on.
With it being the last week of practice, the intensity of competition for those final few roster spots heats up even more. Coming off an impressive performance against the Giants, Al Woods can now be considered a legitimate contender both as a back-up at defensive end and nose tackle. What does that do for the chances of Loni Fangupo and Brian Arnfelt?
Weigh in on who to watch this week as the Steelers wrap up training camp and prepare to take on the Redskins Monday.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Meet Tyler Shaw
- Media doesn't get James Harrison
- Steelers No. 18 in Power Rankings
- No timetable for Miller's return
- Steelers credited with fifth 'most-engaged' fan base
- Injured Steelers working their way back on field for practice and preseason
- Hall of Fame Steelers show out at luncheon
- Steelers sign WR Tyler Shaw after placing Plaxico Burress on IR
- Steelers Injury Report: Plaxico Burress to IR, but not Matt Spaeth
- Steelers Cameron Heyward shows young leadership in helping Alameda Ta'amu
- Steelers film breakdown: Impressive goal line stand highlights defensive effort against Giants
- Upon Further Review: GIF breakdowns from the Steelers 18-13 loss to the Giants