The Pittsburgh Steelers have been very high on running back Isaac Redman since he joined the team because of his tenacity, selflessness and the good head on his shoulders. Now, they will have to pay closer attention to his head and shoulders after a hit from Larry Foote forced a fumble and Redman to the sidelines.
Redman just got knocked out by Foote 1st play from scrimmage. Now getting up slowly.— James C Wexell (@jimwexell) August 15, 2013
Various other onlookers reported Redman had to be helped off the field and is currently being examined by the team's medical staff. Head coach Mike Tomlin will most likely update Redman's status following practice.
Yesterday when the team released its depth chart for the Week 2 preseason matchup against the Washington Redskins, Redman shared the top RB spot with rookie Le'Veon Bell who was forced to miss the team's first game against the New York Giants. If Redman's injury forces him to miss the Redskins contest, Bell will have the top spot all to himself, also meaning more carries for Jonathan Dwyer, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Baron Batch and Alvester Alexander.
Looks like redman might just be stinger. #steelers— Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) August 15, 2013
BTSC will keep you updated on all Steelers training camp injury news.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers Brett Keisel focused on now not future
- Steelers snubbed in recent 2013 rookie power rankings
- Steelers Jerricho Cotchery could be trade bait writes Jason La Canfora
- Steelers are 14th most valuable NFL franchise according to Forbes
- Father-to-be Al Woods loves the Steelers and doesn't want to move
- Antonio Brown earning contract after practice
- Steelers training camp recap: Shamarko Thomas, Josh Victorian get interceptions
- Hype has passed Steelers OLB LaMarr Woodley by as he climbs franchise's career sacks ladder
- Curtis Brown returns to practice field Wednesday
- Steelers depth chart: Brian Moorman and Drew Butler punter battle intensifies