Last week's disappointments wasn't just with the loss to the Giants, one major disappointment for fans was not seeing this year's second round draft pick, Le'Veon Bell, play at running back. This week looks to at least change in that aspect.
Le'Veon Bell scheduled to get the start at RB for the Steelers tonight against the Redskins
Le'Veon Bell scheduled to get the start at RB for the Steelers tonight against the Redskins— Mike Prisuta (@DVEMike) August 19, 2013
After seeing Bell in training camp this week, it was obvious he was standing out from his competition. The Steelers' defensive units were all flowing to the ball on run plays and making stops for little gain. The only running back to show any burst through the line of scrimmage and stop the defense was Bell. After seeing that on Wednesday, I was added to the believers that Bell may be the feature back of this offense.
Keep your eye out for how Bell performs against the Redskins' first team defense. Jonathan Dwyer was able to rack up over 100 yards against them last year, so there is optimism that within a quarter, Bell can make some plays in his debut in a Steelers uniform.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Redskins StoryStream
- Cortez Allen out against Redskins
- 15 players on the bubble vs. Redskins
- Brown a leader to young WRs
- Madden 25 rankings for Steelers offensive players
- Tomlin: Observing in prime time spotlight
- Polamalu healthier, wiser
- Steelers 53 man roster projection
- Steelers organization greater than the sum of its parts
- Steelers roster bubble: Moorman vs. Butler
- Steelers vs. Redskins: 5 things to watch
- Steelers roster cheat sheet
- Steelers vs. Redskins: How to watch tonight's game
- Report says Heath Miller may miss first month of season
- Are the Steelers injury-prone? An in-depth look at the answer