Le'Veon Bell went down with a right foot injury after taking four carries in his preseason debut. He rushed for nine yards, a mark Jonathan Dwyer eclipsed on one carry.
Post Gazette reporter Gerry Dulac broke kayfabe for a second in his reaction Tweet.
Le'Veon Bell out of game with right foot injury.Ugh.— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) August 20, 2013
It doesn't take long for fans to quickly bring up decisions that weren't made. Perhaps this is a fair statement now.
Le'Veon Bell's foot injury is a worry. Unaware of the extent of the damage, but a concern nevertheless. Wanted Ahmad Bradshaw so bad.— James Bufton (@thegegenpresser) August 20, 2013
Humor certainly always helps.
Le'Veon Bell is leading all rookies in Duce Staley sideline sweatpants so far this preseason— Mikey (@fsmikey) August 20, 2013
Le'Veon Duce doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but that's the third reported time Bell has been injured, and the Steelers are one game and one quarter into the preseason, and three weeks into training camp and practices.
At least the Steelers offensive line is healthy, and looking outstanding.
Offensive Line not too impressive on first drive...not much room for Le'Veon Bell to move...— Bob Pompeani (@KDPomp) August 20, 2013
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Redskins Postgame stream
- Winners and Losers from Monday's loss
- Le'Veon Bell has 'mid-foot' injury
- Steelers sloppy in preseason loss to Washington
- Will Johnson injures hip in loss to Redskins
- Le'Veon Bell injures foot in first quarter against Washington
- Cortez Allen out against Redskins
- 15 players on the bubble vs. Redskins
- Brown a leader to young WRs
- Madden 25 rankings for Steelers offensive players
- Le'Veon Bell gets start vs. Redskins
- Tomlin: Observing in prime time spotlight
- Polamalu healthier, wiser
- Steelers 53 man roster projection
- Steelers organization greater than the sum of its parts
- Steelers roster bubble: Moorman vs. Butler
- Steelers vs. Redskins: 5 things to watch