Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell suffered a "mid-foot injury" during the Steelers' 24-13 loss to the Redskins Monday night. According to Tribune Review columnist Dejan Kovacevic, he has an MRI scheduled for Tuesday.
Tomlin: Bell mid-foot injury, MRI tomorrow. #Steelers— Dejan Kovacevic (@Dejan_Kovacevic) August 20, 2013
Matt Spaeth, the Steelers tight end who's currently looking at another seven weeks, at a minimum, of inactivity, suffered a Lisfranc sprain - or, a "mid-foot injury." No one is suggesting the injury is on the same level, but it isn't being ruled out.
Bell didn't look fast in the first place. He had been hampered by a knee injury leading into the game. He was confirmed to be playing and starting Monday afternoon.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Redskins Postgame stream
- 5 things we learned in the loss to Washington
- Jarvis Jones just making plays
- Tomlin: Officials will be at practice
- Health and stamina of Steelers to be tested over 10 days
- Steelers injury report: Running backs lead the way again
- Shamarko Thomas Steelers Digest Player of the Game
- Winners and Losers from Monday's loss
- Steelers sloppy in preseason loss to Washington
- Will Johnson injures hip in loss to Redskins
- Le'Veon Bell injures foot in first quarter against Washington