Shamarko Thomas crunched Thomas late in the game, one of six tackles the rookie safety would make, forcing a fumble and leading to a Steelers turnover - all because he saw the ball carrier, and he exploded into a lane in order to make the hit.
He's been named Steelers Digest's Player of the Game.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Redskins Postgame stream
- 5 things we learned in the loss to Washington
- Jarvis Jones just making plays
- Tomlin: Officials will be at practice
- Health and stamina of Steelers to be tested over 10 days
- Steelers injury report: Running backs lead the way again
- Winners and Losers from Monday's loss
- Le'Veon Bell has 'mid-foot' injury
- Steelers sloppy in preseason loss to Washington
- Will Johnson injures hip in loss to Redskins
- Le'Veon Bell injures foot in first quarter against Washington