There's no rest for the mortally wounded, either.
The Steelers returned home early Tuesday morning, and will immediately begin preparations for Saturday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs. The third preseason game is the one in which starters typically play the most amount of time, but it's also the last game played before rosters are required to be cut from 90 players down to 75.
Those cuts are due to the league office by 4 p.m. ET Tuesday, Aug. 27. The Steelers travel to Charlotte to take on the Carolina Panthers Thursday, Aug. 29. The final roster cuts - down to 53 players - are due to the league office by 6 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31.
That's two games and two rounds of cuts over the next 11 days. In all, 37 players will be removed from the roster, and many of them - the fringe bubble players - have had the best chance they're going to receive.
The few left who haven't sealed their respective fate yet have a tough 11 days ahead of them. Let the discussions begin on who the final few players added to this roster will be.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Redskins Postgame stream
- 5 things we learned in the loss to Washington
- Jarvis Jones just making plays
- Tomlin: Officials will be at practice
- Steelers injury report: Running backs lead the way again
- Shamarko Thomas Steelers Digest Player of the Game
- Winners and Losers from Monday's loss
- Le'Veon Bell has 'mid-foot' injury
- Steelers sloppy in preseason loss to Washington
- Will Johnson injures hip in loss to Redskins
- Le'Veon Bell injures foot in first quarter against Washington