Steelers PR manager Burt Lauten confirmed earlier Steelers rookie outside linebacker Jarvis Jones is at a hospital being evaluated for a chest injury he suffered in Pittsburgh's 26-20 (OT) loss to the Chiefs Saturday.
Jones was returning an interception that was later overturned on review.
Amid an electrifying preseason campaign, Jones's injury came on perhaps his best highlight yet. While the play was overruled, he showed the kind of playmaking ability the Steelers wanted when they selected him in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Oddly, the last time the Steelers played the Chiefs, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger left the game with a chest injury and was evaluated at an area hospital.
No word is available early Sunday morning as to the extent of the injury, but as the rest of Steeler Nation holds its breath waiting for news, so shall we.
Jarvis Jones being taken from stadium in ambulance. #steelers— Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) August 25, 2013
Jones looked to be in some discomfort as he was wheeled out on a stretcher. #Steelers— Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) August 25, 2013
Jarvis jones was wheeled on a gurney from Heinz Field, hooked to IV, according to onlooker. Still wearing game pants.— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) August 25, 2013
Steelers think Jones will be Ok. Precautionary— Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) August 25, 2013
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Chiefs vs. Steelers Postgame Recap: news, updates and more following Steelers 26-20 loss to Chiefs
- Jarvis Jones released from hospital, tests were 'inconclusive'
- Roster cuts due at 4 p.m. Tuesday
- 5 things we learned in loss to the Chiefs
- Beachum may continue in spot tight end role
- Roethlisberger named Steelers Digest Player of the Game
- Passing game keeps Chiefs off balance
- Steelers let go of former special teams coach Al Everest last year for better performances
- Winners and Losers from Steelers loss to Chiefs in Preseason Week 3
- Chiefs vs. Steelers Final Score: Penalties haunt Pittsburgh in 26-20 overtime loss