A few teams are already making cuts after their third preseason game in wake of the 4 p.m. Tuesday deadline to bring their rosters down to 75 players.
While it's not likely the Steelers will make any moves today, they may get a head start on it. Typically, the Steelers have waited until around the deadline to announce their decisions.
The Baltimore Ravens announced the release of tight end Visanthe Siancoe, the player believed to be brought in to help make up for the loss of TE Dennis Pitta, who was lost for the season after a hip injury.
Baltimore signed TE Dallas Clark as well, and it appears they chose Clark over Shiancoe.
TE Visanthe Shiancoe among the players released by the Ravens.— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) August 25, 2013
The Ravens also released wide receiver Tommy Streeter and offensive lineman Ramon Harewood, among others.
The Ravens played Carolina Thursday night, and with a few more days to evaluate their team, it's not a surprise they are making cuts now.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Chiefs vs. Steelers Postgame Recap: news, updates and more following Steelers 26-20 loss to Chiefs
- Jarvis Jones released from hospital, tests were 'inconclusive'
- Roster cuts due at 4 p.m. Tuesday
- 5 things we learned in loss to the Chiefs
- Beachum may continue in spot tight end role
- Roethlisberger named Steelers Digest Player of the Game
- Passing game keeps Chiefs off balance
- Steelers let go of former special teams coach Al Everest last year for better performances
- Jarvis Jones Injury: Steelers linebacker suffered chest injury in loss to Chiefs
- Winners and Losers from Steelers loss to Chiefs in Preseason Week 3
- Chiefs vs. Steelers Final Score: Penalties haunt Pittsburgh in 26-20 overtime loss