Even though the deadline for first roster cuts isn't until Tuesday afternoon, the Pittsburgh Steelers will begin trimming the fat Sunday afternoon, according to team PR man Burt Lauten.
The @steelers will announce roster moves today. Must trim roster to 75 players prior to Tuesday at 4 p.m.— Burt Lauten (@SteelersPRBurt) August 25, 2013
As to who will actually be asked to turn in their playbook today has yet to be officially determined, although speculation should begin at the bottom of the depth chart.
Some names expected to be included are TEs Nathan Overbay and Peter Tuitupou, RB Jeremy Wright and WR Tyler Shaw, although no names have been released by the team as of yet. Teams will trim their rosters to 75 by Tuesday, and must be reduced to 53 by August 31.
Behind the Steel Curtain will keep you updated on all roster moves made today and throughout the remainder of the preseason.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Chiefs vs. Steelers Postgame Recap: news, updates and more following Steelers 26-20 loss to Chiefs
- Jarvis Jones released from hospital, tests were 'inconclusive'
- 53-man roster projection
- Roster cuts due at 4 p.m. Tuesday
- 5 things we learned in loss to the Chiefs
- Beachum may continue in spot tight end role
- Roethlisberger named Steelers Digest Player of the Game
- Passing game keeps Chiefs off balance
- Steelers let go of former special teams coach Al Everest last year for better performances
- Jarvis Jones Injury: Steelers linebacker suffered chest injury in loss to Chiefs
- Winners and Losers from Steelers loss to Chiefs in Preseason Week 3
- Chiefs vs. Steelers Final Score: Penalties haunt Pittsburgh in 26-20 overtime loss