The Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Mike Adams feels Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel got off lucky with his half-game suspension over his highly publicized autograph controversy. After all, Adams knows what it's like to be on the other side.
I remember when the NCAA got me for 5 games for $2500...that boy Johnny got a break— Mike Adams (@Channel75live) August 29, 2013
It didn't take long for a former Michigan Wolverine to find an opening to throw his own twitter jab at the former Ohio State Buckeye, who was referencing his penalty for a violation involving tattoos, something as trivial as Manziel's autographs.
@Channel75live suckeyes always cheating. Take 2500 at Michigan u won't play there ever again.— Larrry Foote (@LarryFoote313) August 29, 2013
Division rivals don't have to actually play against each other to honor the rivalry, which Adams wasted no time in doing at his own defense.
@LarryFoote313 lets be real lary up at scUM y'all been doin it dirty for years— Mike Adams (@Channel75live) August 29, 2013
Foote has become quite the comedian this off-season, poking fun at Jarvis Jones for being 'soft', and sending pics of Jones with Foote to Cincinnati Bengals linebacker James Harrison making sure he knew Foote had found a 'new best friend'.
Boys will be boys, and obviously their Black and Gold blood is thicker than the Red and Blue water under the bridge; but a half-game suspension is some awful shallow water.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- One fan's dress-rehearsal timeline of the Steelers all-important third preseason game
- Kent State University to retire James Harrison's number Thursday
- A first look at the Steelers in Madden 25
- Steelers vs. Panthers: Final audition for many first year players
- Steelers Film Room: Jonathan Dwyer's boom or bust running
- Matt Spaeth Injury: Steelers tight end likely to land on IR-Designated to Return list, roster move to come
- Steelers vs. Panthers: A Preseason Week 4 tradition
- NFL looking to 'take action' on low hits, Steelers Ryan Clark reacts
- Coach Tomlin says Landry Jones will play majority of Steelers preseason finale vs Panthers
- Guard Ramon Foster has earned Steelers respect