Carolina, on the speed (literally) of wide receiver Ted Ginn, have blasted ahead to a 17-10 lead over Pittsburgh in the preseason finale Thursday.
The Steelers are getting solid play from rookie quarterback Landry Jones, but a few drops and timely penalties have held them back a bit. What's worse, though, is a defensive unit that has some fairly significant gaffes, along with some strong individual performances.
In other words, it's the fourth preseason game.
Panthers QB Jimmy Clausen is in the game, which basically means the least valuable game of the year is over. We're going to be here continuing to talk about the team this season, enjoying the unintentional humor of the broadcast team and trying to solve all the problems the Steelers have - both now and in the future.
Stick around after the game, too, we have post game "analysis" set up, as well as any updates we see before then.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Panthers game day stream: News and updates
- Will Johnson injury update
- Steelers vs. Panthers: Linebackers are what to watch
- NFL settles concussion suit
- Which Panthers player would you want on the Steelers roster?
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft
- Steelers Film Room: Redman should start
- 5 Questions with Cat Scratch Reader
- Mike Adams sounds off on Johnny Manziel
- A fan's third preseason game dress rehearsal
- Kent State to retire James Harrison's number
- Steelers on Madden 25
- Steelers vs. Panthers: Last-ditch effort for several Steelers first-year players
- Steelers Film Room: The boom or bust running back