Just when it's easy to rip Steelers coach Mike Tomlin for being bland, he comes up with one of the more clever ways to say "he has a day off" ever to have been spoken.
In speaking about why Steelers safety Troy Polamalu missing Sunday's practice session, Tomlin responded, "he has a contusion to the birth certificate."
Not gonna lie, we had to think about that for a second.
While one could make a case for ageism, Polamalu's increasing clicks on the odometer bring with it a certain amount of leeway when it comes to participating in another practice.
The Steelers will practice again Monday before having Tuesday off. Two more practice sessions will occur before the Steelers host the New York Giants Saturday in the first preseason games of both teams.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Training Camp Updates
- Wallace likely out vs. Cowboys
- Allen says rehab is "day-to-day"
- Maybe Jarvis Jones can trump the odds and start right away
- Steelers offense to be 'faster-paced than ever' in 2013
- Positive reviews of Steelers weight and conditioning in training camp suggests obvious problems in 2012
- Pat Kirwan sticking with his prediction of Steelers playing in AFC Championship game
- Steelers training camp recap: Day 9 sees physical camp starting to wear on players
- Larry Foote: Keith Butler giving tackles to Timmons no one sees
- Le'Veon Bell sitting out Saturday with ice on his left knee
- Steelers sign OT D'Anthony Batiste Saturday, place Embernate on injured reserve
- Steelers Saturday practice open thread
- Steelers will wear throwback jerseys in Week 11 vs. Detroit Lions