The Dolphins and Cowboys aren't exactly big-time draws for Steelers fans. With former Steelers WR Mike Wallace likely sitting this one out with a groin injury (and no chance he packs his locker and sprints out of town after the final whistle), there really isn't much connection, except the Steelers take on the Dolphins in Week 14.
Weird stat of the day...the Steelers are 3-3 in their last six Week 14 games, and those losses were usually more of the shocker variety. Cleveland's upset over the Steelers in one of the most miserable offensive performances on record in 2009, the 16-0 Pats whipping of the Steelers in 2007 and San Diego's third down supremacy last year.
Sorry. Tangent over. Sort of. This reminds me of last year's Hall of Fame Game thread when I wrote all about the Saints and Buccaneers squaring off. The Bucs weren't playing though. Whoops.
Definitely over now.
We're watching this game because it's football, and I've got Dexter set on the DVR anyway.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Training Camp Updates
- Wallace likely out vs. Cowboys
- Polamalu has 'contusion of birth certificate'
- Allen says rehab is "day-to-day"
- Maybe Jarvis Jones can trump the odds and start right away
- Steelers offense to be 'faster-paced than ever' in 2013
- Positive reviews of Steelers weight and conditioning in training camp suggests obvious problems in 2012
- Pat Kirwan sticking with his prediction of Steelers playing in AFC Championship game
- Steelers training camp recap: Day 9 sees physical camp starting to wear on players
- Larry Foote: Keith Butler giving tackles to Timmons no one sees
- Le'Veon Bell sitting out Saturday with ice on his left knee
- Steelers sign OT D'Anthony Batiste Saturday, place Embernate on injured reserve
- Steelers Saturday practice open thread
- Steelers will wear throwback jerseys in Week 11 vs. Detroit Lions