He hasn't been activated from many lists to this point in his career.
But it's a start for him as well.
Ta'amu will participate in the Steelers' training camp for the first time this season, sitting out the first week after a hamstring injury held him out.
Perhaps the leading mark in a sea of questions at nose tackle for the Steelers in 2013, Ta'amu is said to have dropped a considerable amount of weight leading into camp. The hamstring injury came before he reported, but now he will get to lace up the pads, and perhaps see his first game action since the preseason last year.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers training camp updates
- Brown and Taylor 'tussle' after Brown beats him
- Jones a "prototype" future pass rusher
- Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Why a superstitious Steelers fan feels this could be a good year
- League announcement both good and bad news for the Steelers
- Steelers offensive line depth still a major question after recent acquisitions
- Steelers season forecast with Football Outsiders
- Tomlin says Steelers training camp changes aren't reactionary
- Isaac Redman: 'We had some missed assignments' in short yardage situations last year
- Hall of Fame Game Open Thread: Dolphins vs. Cowboys
- Dolphins WR Mike Wallace not expected to play in Hall of Fame Game due to groin injury
- Troy Polamalu has a 'contusion to the birth certificate'
- Cortez Allen says his rehab is "day-to-day" in a Tomlinesque diagnosis