The Steelers cornerbacks group is thin right now, to put it mildly. Down Cortez Allen (knee) and Curtis Brown (ankle), they are looking to see how Josh Victorian, Isaiah Green, Buddy Jackson, Ryan Steed and Devin Smith may perform starting Saturday when the Steelers take on the Giants in the preseason opener.
While in a regular situation, when even DeMarcus Van Dyke (hamstring) and Terry Hawthorne (knee) would be healthy, some of the aforementioned players might not even be on the team, let alone in a position to contribute to the Steelers' first preseason game.
It's their opportunity to make something happen, though, and it makes the cornerbacks just as intriguing a position to watch in this game as the wide receivers are.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Matt Spaeth may have Lisfranc injury, could sideline him for 2013
- Steelers vs. Giants stream
- Steelers Training Camp Updates
- Steelers highest power ranking yet
- Burress set for surgery
- Keep an eye on the cornerbacks
- Big Blue View asks BTSC 5 Questions
- Steelers vs. Giants 2013: 5 Questions with Big Blue View
- Why Derek Moye will make the 2013 Steelers roster
- Steelers vs. Giants: Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman have to separate themselves
- Adams on left and Gilbert on right may be what Steelers start in Week 1
- Steelers Training Camp Recap: Day 14 sees Roethlisberger throwing short often
- Plaxico Burress injury: Judging by available free agents, Burress's spot more likely to be filled internally
- Burress confirmed to have torn rotator cuff; possibly out for season
- Preseason Steelers vs. Giants: Seven players who need to shine in week one