Update - What was your favorite Alameda Ta'amu moment? The second-year DT has signed with the Arizona Cardinals after the Steelers released him Saturday.
Update - The Denver Broncos have claimed former Steelers OLB Adrian Robinson after he was released by the Eagles in their final cuts.
Update 1:33 p.m. - The players left off the list of the Steelers' 2013 Practice Squad may be more notable than the eight on it.
Steelers 2013 Practice Squad
The @steelers announce 8-man practice squad: C. Hubbard, J. Long, A. Alexander, B. Arnfelt, A. Baxter, T. Garvin, D. Smith, J. Brown.— Burt Lauten (@SteelersPRBurt) September 1, 2013
OL Chris Hubbard, OT Joe Long, RB Alvester Alexander, DL Brian Arnfelt, OLB Alan Baxter, OLB Terence Garvin, DB Devin Smith and WR Justin Brown.
It's the last event of the preseason, and also one of the most popular of the year.
The draw to discussing and predicting teams' practice squad signings each year is something of a mystery, but it puts a nice touch on the last seven or so weeks of painstakingly following our teams. It lessens the blow somewhat from the release of younger players who had long odds, but seemed to do something positive each day.
At some point, some of these players may end up on the active roster. Some may get released the Saturday before their first game to make room for someone else.
Such is the life of a practice squad member.
We're going to update any news of signings and updates to the practice squad here, so stick around, refresh often and join in the discussion of the last official event before the start of Week 1 of the 2013 regular season.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Jonathan Dwyer's release: Everything we know
- McFadden, Ta'amu starting over in NFL
- Isaac Redman preparing as the starting running back
- It's no longer 'Todd Haley's offense,' it's 'the Steelers offense'
- Steelers roster cuts: Everything we know
- Meet Zoltan Mesko and Antwon Blake, the newest Steelers roster additions
- Steelers name their four captains for the 2013 season
- Steelers sign Zoltan Mesko, Antwon Blake after releasing Drew Butler, Isaiah Green
- Is Colbert refining his strategy?
- Steelers 2013 season preview in 9 questions
- Dwyer lining up workouts, as reported by Baltimore Sun
- Geno Atkins signs 5-year extension with Bengals
- Report: Steelers coaches not behind Dwyer's release Follow @NealCoolong