Perhaps bettors are seeing a different Lions team than I am. It's fully possible.
The 3-0 Bears are improving with each game, including an impressive overall defensive performance against the error-prone Steelers.
Perhaps I'm incorrect in my assumption the Lions, probably the least disciplined teams over the last three years, somehow prevent opposing defenses from exerting their will upon them. It seems strange the Lions would be three point favorites, even at home, but I'm fine with taking Chicago to cover and win in this game.
As for the rest of the action in Week 4:
San Francisco (-3.5) over ST. LOUIS
Pittsburgh (off) over MINNESOTA (London)
Baltimore (-3.5) over BUFFALO
Cincinnati (-5) over CLEVELAND
Indianapolis (-9) over JACKSONVILLE
HOUSTON (+3) over Seattle
TAMPA BAY (off) over Arizona
Chicago (+3) over DETROIT
Jets (+4) over TENNESSEE
Dallas (-2) over SAN DIEGO
Washington (off) over OAKLAND
Philadelphia (+11) over DENVER
ATLANTA (off) over New England
NEW ORLEANS (-7) over Miami
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Bell felt rusty last week, ready to go vs. Vikings
- Ben to offensive line: 'Be tough, be nasty'
- Cutler earned respect by not sliding
- 5 Burning Questions
- Ben calls Bell out
- Special teams a bright spot so far
- Message to Steelers rookies: Don't get too comfortable
- Polamalu back to old self
- 2014 NFL Draft: Looking at offensive tackles after a month in CFB