Hanging on in quiet desperation may be the English way as Pink Floyd puts it, but in England today, it will also be the Steeler Way.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to continue their rotation at OT, using Kelvin Beachum to spell the starters, as they continue to find a way to get some production from their offensive line. Last week against the Chicago Bears, Beachum rotated mostly with Marcus Gilbert at RT, but took a few snaps from Mike Adams on the left side, too.
In a conversation which took place between Steelers Nation Radio host David Todd and Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette which took place on Thursday, Dulac noted his expectation of Beachum rotating primarily with Adams against the Minnesota Vikings based on his interaction with the team before departing for London.
Beachum may still get a few snaps on the right side, where he ended the the 2012 season as the starter after injuries eliminated both Adams and Gilbert; but the focus seems to be on the left side, now. Gilbert has not been perfect this season, but he has been consistent enough to seemingly be safe this week on the right.
The insertion of Beachum will not be an immediate upgrade, or he would be named a starter. Adams and Gilbert will start the game, and it will be up to them to remain on the field. If the Steelers are able to establish the run and keep the Vikings off of Ben Roethlisberger, Beachum will remain on the sidelines.
Listen to The Standard is The Standard pregame show:
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Le'Veon Bell will start for the Steelers against Vikings
- Ben: 'I would expect nothing less' from Jared Allen
- The Steelers will get a takeaway against the Vikings
- Fantasy Football Week 4: Which Steelers to sit/start against Minnesota Vikings
- Steelers vs. Vikings key matchup: ILB Vince Williams vs. RB Adrian Peterson and FB Jerome Felton
- Steelers tackles against Vikings defensive ends the key matchup
- The Steelers have started out 0-3, but they've done it with flair
- 5 reasons why the Steelers will beat the Vikings in Week 4
- Steelers can't get more than one win Sunday
- A Fork in the Atlantic