Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had his hand and wrist bent back on the hand of right guard David DeCastro on a touchdown pass to Jerricho Cotchery. Roethlisberger looked to be in quite a bit of pain as he hustled to the sideline after the throw.
Jason La Canfora tweeted trainers were working on Roethlisberger's right thumb.
Trainers working on Ben Roethlisberger's thumb on the sidelines— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 29, 2013
At the time of the injury, Roethlisberger was 25-for-34 for 266 yards, a touchdown and an interception.
Update: Roethlisberger returned to the field, still down 10, with five minutes left in the game.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers Postgame News, Updates and Analysis
- Postgame injury report: Foster left with chest injury
- Twitter reaction to 0-4 start
- Steelers vs. Vikings final score: Minnesota paced by five sacks in 34-27 win over Pittsburgh
- Winners and Losers in Steelers loss to Vikings
- Former Steelers defensive end and member of the Steel Curtain L.C. Greenwood has died at age 67