Head Coach Mike Tomlin noted that both Will Johnson and Jarvis Jones were fully participating in practice so far this week, though he was sure to note that both will be re-evaluated at the end of the week.
If Johnson can't go, it is likely that the Steelers will start David Johnson at the FB position, or skip it completely and go with multiple tight ends.
For OLB, Jason Worilds was named the starter, but there is the possibility that Jones could still be the Week 1 rotational player for Pittsburgh. This will be a chance to pair first rounders from this year on opposite sides of the line of attack, with OG Chance Warmack lining up for Tennessee.
Later in the press conference, Tomlin contradicted himself when asked about rotations at OLB, saying that "Jones will play." So Jones will make his debut this weekend against the Titans. The Week 1 game kicks off at 1 p.m. ET.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Jonathan Dwyer's release: Everything we know
- Steelers start/sit Fantasy Football advice: Give Isaac Redman a look in Week 1
- Titans vs. Steelers: The importance of Jason Worilds' opportunity to start this weekend
- Matt Spaeth placed in IR-Designation to Return, Steelers activate OLB Terence Garvin from Practice Squad
- Recently acquired Zoltan Mesko will be new holder for Shaun Suisham and Steelers
- Steelers coach Tomlin talks about irrelevancy of preseason and depth charts
- Steelers coach Mike Tomlin addresses release of Jonathan Dwyer
- Steelers Injury Report: Le'Veon Bell out, Isaac Redman to start vs Titans
- Will Johnson & Jarvis Jones Participating in Practice This Week
- Tomlin: Heath Miller Day-to-Day
- The case for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013: Part One
- John Malecki's road from practice squad to roster to roster cut can't be easy
- Heath Miller keeps working closer to his return