During his weekly press conference on Tuesday, head coach Mike Tomlin ruled Bell out for the Week 1 matchup with the Tennessee Titans; but he did speak positively about Bell's condition, acknowledged Bell was out of the boot and participating in partial fashions, but not enough to play on Sunday.
Isaac Redman on the other hand, got a 'clean bill of health' from Tomlin. Redman missed three consecutive preseason games, listed with a shoulder stinger. Tomlin named Redman the starter, and declared his confidence in Redman's ability to carry the team in that regard.
Tomlin dictated no certain schedule for the remainder of the backs. LaRod Stephens-Howling would most likely fill the 3rd down back rule, with Felix Jones spelling Redman with Bell out; but Tomlin made no promises of snaps to anyone.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Will Johnson & Jarvis Jones Participating in Practice This Week
- Tomlin: Heath Miller Day-to-Day
- The case for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2013: Part One
- John Malecki's road from practice squad to roster to roster cut can't be easy
- Heath Miller keeps working closer to his return
- Dwyer 'waived because coaches did not feel he took his job seriously enough'
- Spaeth eligible to be placed on IR-Designated-to-Return list at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday
- Former Steelers Marshall McFadden and Alameda Ta'amu looking for fresh starts in new homes
- Steelers vs. Titans: Isaac Redman is preparing to be Steelers starting running back
- Steelers vs. Titans: Getting offensive buy-in crucial for Steelers