The Tennessee Titans travel to Pittsburgh to take on their AFC rival Steelers in the regular season opener for both teams.
Third-year quarterback Jake Locker will go against the Steelers for the first time in his career. The Steelers defense, under Dick LeBeau, has generally done well against quarterbacks making their first start, but none of that matters when both teams can boast tough, aggressive units in all three phases of the game.
The Steelers' new-look running game will be on display with Isaac Redman leading the way in place of injured Le'Veon Bell. Defensively, Pittsburgh has a healthy Troy Polamalu for this game, which should make for a Steelers' advantage.
The Steelers are 6.5 point favorites in this game.
Time: 1 p.m. ET
Date: Sept. 8, 2013
Location: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
TV and Radio Schedule: CBS regional broadcast, KDKA-TV Steelers Radio Network: WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
Announcers: Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
Online streaming: NFL Rewind (post game only)
Titans SB Nation site: Music City Miracles
Odds: Steelers -6.5
Weather: 73 degrees, wind N 7 m.p.h.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Titans Week 1: Everything you need to know
- Key Match-ups: Steelers ILBs vs. Chris Johnson
- No 11th hour contract extensions given
- Roethlisberger to top 30,000 career passing yards vs. Tennessee
- 5 Reasons why the Steelers will beat the Titans
- Which Titans player should concern the Steelers the most?
- Five questions with Behind The Steel Curtain (From Music City Miracles)
- 'A healthy Troy is hell for opposing teams'
- Be on the lookout for the new No. 55 in Pittsburgh
- Steelers 2013 team photos
- Steelers vs. Titans: The time to send a message is now
- Roethlisberger needs young offensive line to step up Sunday
- Weekend Checkdown heading into Week 1
- Steelers Injury Report: Johnson, Jones both probable
- Shamarko Thomas's keys are key vs. Titans