Foote ruptured a biceps in the Steelers' 16-9 loss to the Tennessee Titans in Week 1. It came in wake of a contract extension Foote signed this offseason to help bridge the gap between a young and emerging defense and the old guard.
What's worse is Foote, as well as the Steelers' defense, played well in the loss. Short-changed by a dreadful performance on the offensive side of the ball, the Steelers defense kept what could have been a complete disaster of a game competitive until the end.
Kion Wilson replaced Foote during the game, although nothing will likely be said about him becoming the long-term replacement for him. The Steelers cut Stevenson Sylvester during training camp, and other back-up option, Marshall McFadden, signed with the Raiders practice squad.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Titans Final Score: Pittsburgh savaged in season-opening loss to Tennessee
- Steelers Week 1 Injuries: Everything we know
- Maurkice Pouncey out for the season after ACL and MCL tear
- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger goes over 30,000 career passing yards
- Steelers injury report: Cortez Allen and LaRod Stephens-Howling go down in second half