It's easy to cast a pall over the Steelers due to an abysmal offensive performance in their Week 1 loss to Tennessee. But it overshadows a pretty outstanding defensive effort, led by Steelers nose tackle Steve McLendon.
On the flip side, it's still extremely difficult to discuss this game without mentioning the offense, as highlighted by right tackle Marcus Gilbert's performance that earned him a -3.5. Among his
highlights lowlights were two sacks allowed and three pressures on quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who appeared skittish by the end of the game.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers Sign K Shayne Graham
- Steelers sign C/G Fernando Velasco in wake of Maurkice Pouncey injury
- Are we witnessing the Fall of the House of Colbert?
- Steelers running game can't get worse, and that's a good thing
- New Steelers defenders shine despite Week 1 loss to Titans
- 5 things we learned from the Steelers loss to the Tennessee Titans in Week 1
- Steelers will re-sign running back Jonathan Dwyer
- Winners and Losers from Steelers loss to Tennessee Titans
- Report: LaRod Stephens-Howling suffered torn ACL in loss to Titans
- Maybe the 2013 Steelers are who many feared they were