The 12th man will host the NFC championship game.
The Seahawks' Legion of Boom secondary held the Saints' high-powered passing game in check most of the afternoon, holding All Pro tight end Jimmy Graham to one catch on the day.
Marshawn Lynch had a 31-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter to seal the win - dragging former Steelers cornerback Keenan Lewis for the last 15 yards. It appeared Lewis was waiting for help with the tackle, but none was available. That was the case for much of the game, as Lynch ran for 141 yards and two touchdowns.
New Orleans made it interesting, scoring a late touchdown and recovering an onside kick. Marques Colston made an odd choice to attempt a 30-yard pass across the field with seven second left on the clock. It was correctly ruled a forward pass, and after the 10-second runoff, the game was over.
- Saints vs. Seahawks NFC Divisional round open thread
- Steelers 2014 Roster Projections: Quarterbacks
- Antonio Brown named to PFF All Pro first team
- 2014 NFL Playoff Schedule: Colts vs. Patriots game time, TV broadcast, odds, weather and more
- 2014 NFL Playoff Schedule: Seahawks vs. Saints game time, TV broadcast, odds, weather and more