It's been a while since the top seeds met in a Super Bowl.
Seattle did its part Saturday, dispatching New Orleans on the NFC side of the playoffs bracket. Denver looks to hold serve against division rival San Diego.
San Francisco will travel to Seattle for the conference championship game everyone expected. To cap off the media salivation fest this week, they only need Peyton Manning's Broncos vs. Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.
The Chargers have something to say about that. Out of place, disrespected, clearly they are the only "Everyone's Against Us!" team in this year's playoffs.
And you want to know something crazy? They're going to win this game.
Chargers (+8) over BRONCOS
It would be yet another divisional round upset of Manning, and the second straight one-and-done for the Broncos. That makes it extremely difficult to think lightning will strike twice in Denver, but the Chargers showed against Cincinnati a variable enough defense and a creative enough pass rush inside that defense, they can catch the Broncos flat-footed and stall their offense enough to let Phillip Rivers on the field.
By the way, I'm now 3-4 against the spread, so let's not bet the mortgage based on what I said.
Either way, open thread, enjoy! Stick around for the gamer following the final tick off the clock.
- 49ers roll Panthers behind Mr. Postseason Anquan Boldin
- 49ers vs. Panthers NFC Divisional playoffs open thread
- NFL Playoff Schedule: Conference championship dates and times set, teams to be finalized Sunday
- NFC Championship game tickets not being sold in California or North Carolina
- Steelers 2014 Roster Projections: Running backs
- Screwed by Out of the Playoffs? Yes. Lucky Break for Steelers? Probably...