A BTSC reader contacted us with the result of an intensive NFL Draft study.
The results won't shock you at all...but will likely make you laugh.
The following 13 statements were made by either Mel Kiper Jr. or Todd McShay referencing the following 14 players (one entry has two):
WR JJ Stokes, LB Aaron Curry, OT Robert Gallery, QB Ryan Leaf, OT Jason Smith, QB Jevan Snead, QB Andre Ware, QB Mark Sanchez, QB JaMarcus Russell, QB Andre' Woodson, DE Vernon Gholston, QB Akili Smith, OT Mike Williams and QB Jimmy Clausen.
1) "If ____'s not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I'm done."
2) "He is a sure thing."
3) "One of the top 5-8 players available in this draft."
4) "The best defensive player in this year's draft."
5) "Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league...look out because the skill level he has is certainly John Elway-like."
6) "A future All-Pro."
7) "His 'attitude' will be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over [rival player in draft class]."
8) "Will be a great NFL player and provide the Bengals with the passer they lacked since Boomer Esiason."
9) "He will be an excellent NFL quarterback."
10) "The best pick of the 2008 NFL draft."
11) "Definitely a first-round draft pick." (hint- 2 different players)
12) "He possesses the agility, power, and work ethic to solidify the OL for years to come..."
13) "I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction."
We will post the answers on our Facebook page, so check them out and revel in the insanity that is predicting the NFL Draft.