Denver versus Seattle in what will likely be a cold and windy evening in New York City. Would anybody like to discuss the upcoming, biggest game of the year? Here is some likely talking points, with my two cents on the side.
1. Are you happy with the two teams that made the big game? Actually I am, while it would have been awesome if the Steelers had made the playoffs, because I do think they could have made some noise, I really have nothing against the Broncos, unlike some of the other teams that were in contention. The Seahawks actually did me a favor by knocking out the 49er's.
2. Do you think having the Super Bowl in an open-air stadium in a northern climate is a good idea? I don't know, it is football and so I am told it was meant to be played in extremes of weather in rugged conditions. I am also a southern boy and wouldn't care to spend the money involved to sit around and freeze me gonads off. I do wonder what Peyton's passes will look like in the cold and wind and how that might effect the game.
3. Which team do you want to win and why? Tough question, kinda want the Broncos to win because of j-man, and Peyton is the NFL's shining example of greatness, goodness, and generalship. Yet the other team has the bad boys on defense, a stud running the ball, with a personal favorite of mine, Russell Wilson, behind Center. Not sure who I will pull for, maybe the team that has the ball.
4. Which team are you picking to win? I am going to wait til next week to make my decision, and plan on posting a poll so everyone can cast a vote for their pick with a little more warning than the last poll that came out on the day of the Conference Championship games.
5. Can you believe Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers are the half-time show? Rolling my eyes, will probably boycott the half-time show. I want my halftime singers to be hot black woman with possible wardrobe malfunctions and/or some geriatric white dudes. Disappointed they didn't sign Nikki Minaj and Van Halen.