Turns out, Suisham was fine to kick, Graham was deactivated for PIttsburgh's Week 2 game, and now, Graham has been released. Cornerback Isaiah Green was elevated from the practice squad to replace him. Green is now required to stay on the roster for three weeks.
The Steelers only had three cornerbacks dressed for Monday night's game at Cincinnati. Much of that was a strategic decision, as it turns out, to cover Cincinnati's pass-catching tight ends with safeties. Shamarko Thomas was the nickel back (and still may continue in that role, if injured CB Cortez Allen misses any more time) and Robert Golden saw time with Thomas, Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu on the field.
The Steelers will host the Chicago Bears on Sunday Night Football Sept. 22. Chicago, having won both of their games under first-year head coach Marc Trestman, could present the Steelers' toughest challenge to date.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Bengals Postgame news updates and info
- Steelers recent trends becoming alarming
- Bears vs. Steelers: Heath Miller to practice fully this week
- Le'Veon Bell will do individual drills this week
- Grading the Steelers' new starters in Week 2
- Steelers 27th in recent power rankings
- Cotchery has 47 snaps to Wheaton's 5
- Heyward coming alive for Steelers defense
- Twitter reaction to Steelers loss to Bengals
- Power has gone out of the Steelers defense
- Steelers offense ranks among bottom-feeders statistically
- Winners and Losers from the Steelers' 20-10 Week 2 loss at Cincinnati
- Bengals take down Steelers 20-10 in Week 2
- Haley: DeCastro was affected by Pouncey's injury