Former Cardinals LT/RT D'Anthony Batiste scheduled to work out for the Steelers, source confirms. He started 10 games last season for Cards.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) August 2, 2013
According to Pro Football Focus, Batiste was the second-worst pass blocking tackles in the NFL last year. Of a horrendous offensive line in Arizona, he was the worst.
The fact they wish to work him out does not speak well at all to the Steelers' depth at tackle, and strongly suggests either a message is being sent (and a really mean one at that) or the Steelers are in significant trouble should either Mike Adams or Marcus Gilbert suffer an injury this season.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Nik Embernate tore ACL, MCL and is out for the year
- Friday night scrimmage open thread
- Former Steelers RB Chris Rainey patiently awaits second chance in NFL
- Steelers seeking safety from the Sharknado
- Saints rave over Keenan Lewis while Steelers suffer DB injuries
- Fallout from Cortez Allen injury to Steelers cornerback corps
- Cortez Allen out 'a few weeks' after minor knee surgery
- Tomlin not giving Mike Adams any slack from stabbing
- Former high school teammates Chris Hubbard and Jarvis Jones back together with Steelers
- Steelers training camp recap: Day 7 sees first two picks in draft making plays