The Lions haven't defeated the Steelers in Pittsburgh since 1955.
It's possible they haven't had a better opportunity to do so than in Week 11. The Steelers come into this game decimated by injuries. Left guard Ramon Foster did not practice all week, and is listed as questionable for the game. It doesn't seem likely he'll play. Defensive end Brett Keisel also missed practice all week, although he said he's going to try to play.
Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley is doubtful, and every member of the Steelers' starting offensive line missed some practice this week for one reason or another.
On top of that, the Lions (6-3) are a talented team. It's an imposing physical match-up for the Steelers, but defensively, they played a more sound game from a disciplinary perspective in a 23-10 win over Buffalo. The Bills' were averaging 135 rushing yards per game, and were limited to 95, much of which game on their final drive when the game was out of reach.
Here are the details if you're looking to watch the Lions at Steelers game this weekend.
Time: 1 p.m. ET
Date: Nov. 17, 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
TV and Radio Schedule: CBS regional broadcast, Steelers Radio Network: WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
Announcers: Thom Brennaman (play-by-play), Brian Billick (color)
Online streaming: None available for this game
Lions SB Nation site: Pride of Detroit
Odds: Lions -3
Weather: 63 degrees, winds S at 15 m.p.h., rain expected
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Lions vs. Steelers: Everything you need to know
- A "high-ranking Steelers source" says Ben trade rumors 'have zero truth'
- Key Matchups: Ben Roethlisberger vs. Rashean Mathis
- Fantasy Football Week 11: Which Steelers to start/sit
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Lions in Week 11
- NFL Draft 2014: More in common than just quarterbacks on two Kevin Colbert-attended games
- Steelers Larry Foote is Michigan through and through
- Weekend Checkdown: the top stories of the week
- Swirling Roethlisberger rumors not distracting Steelers
- Steelers injury report: Keisel wants to play, Woodley doubtful