Update: Sanders did not return to the game, and he will be evaluated further.
Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders left Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions in the second quarter with what appeared to be a foot injury. Sanders had one catch for two yards before the injury occurred.
He has been replaced by rookie wide receiver Markus Wheaton, who has three catches for 38 yards on four targets through an explosive offensive half for Pittsburgh.
The Steelers jumped out to a surprising 14-0 lead over visiting Detroit on the speed of two Antonio Brown touchdown catches from Ben Roethlisberger. Lions WR Calvin Johnson replicated that with two of his own in the second quarter. The Lions took a 24-20 lead on a Joique Bell 2-yard touchdown run at the end of the first half.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers tame Lions: Postgame news and updates
- Monday Takeaways: The "Ben Gun," Will Allen and passh rushing
- Lions vs. Steelers final score: Pittsburgh's defense comes alive in second half, tops Detroit 37-27
- Steelers defense bent in the second quarter, but it never broke in a 37-27 victory
- Lions vs. Steelers: Detroit's decision to fake field goal cost them momentum
- Winners and Losers from Steelers 37-27 win over Detroit in Week 11
- The 4-6 Steelers are within striking distance of a wild card in the AFC