The returns of defensive end Brett Keisel and outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley may not come until later. Both players missed Thursday's practice - Woodley practiced on a limited basis Wednesday. Keisel has not practiced at all this week, leading to the belief Ziggy Hood will get his second consecutive start in Keisel's absence when the Steelers travel to Cleveland to take on the Browns in Week 12.
It's a critical divisional game against the 4-6 Browns, as both teams continue to hang onto playoff hopes. The winner could move into a tie for the AFC's last wild card spot, while the loser may be permanently on the outside looking in.
The Steelers got a good amount of pressure in their Week 11 win over Detroit without either Woodley or Keisel, but clearly, the team is better with them than without them.
Safety Shamarko Thomas missed Week 11, and it doesn't appear likely he'll return for Week 12.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Browns: The bingo game is about to begin
- Steelers Film Room: Breaking down the No Huddle offense against the Lions
- Second half adjustments on Lions were made by the players, says Steelers safety Ryan Clark
- Ben Roethlisberger open to taking less to stay with the Steelers
- Jerome Bettis, Kevin Greene among 25 Hall of Fame semifinalists