Foster has practiced fully this week, and said he only had "minimal pain" after Thursday's workout. He was injured against Minnesota in Week 4, forcing him out of the game.
Kelvin Beachum would be his likely replacement at left guard, should he suffer a set-back. Beachum is still linked with Levi Brown as the competitors for the starting left tackle position. Brown was traded to Pittsburgh from Arizona over the bye week, and Mike Adams was benched.
It's unique for the Steelers to have a player injured in a game but not miss any more extended time. While they're still adjusting to playing without center Maurkice Pouncey, the rest of the offensive line has remained relatively healthy this season - that stands in stark contrast to the past few seasons in which they had a different offensive line due to injury nearly every game.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin gave tight end Heath Miller a rest, and rookie wide receiver Markus Wheaton has already been ruled out. Otherwise, the Steelers are healthy, heading into a critical Week 6 match-up against the Jets (3-2). Kick off is scheduled for 1 p.m. at MetLife Stadium.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Jets: Everything you need to know
- The Standard is The Standard Show, Steelers vs. Jets Week 6
- Steelers add Kion Wilson to practice squad, release Alan Baxter
- Polamalu: 'If attitude won games, we'd go out and get cheerleaders'
- LeBeau is 15-2 against rookie quarterbacks, like Jets Geno Smith
- Steelers vs. Jets Preview: Gut check time at MetLife Stadium
- Denial of locker room games sending the right message
- Wilkerson was taken one spot ahead of Heyward
- Denial of locker room games sends new message
- Steelers continue trend of re-treads
- Steelers sign Will Allen, release DaMon Cromartie-Smith
- "Their Life's Work" should be required reading for Steeler Nation
- Steelers consumers vs. Steelers fans
- NFL playoffs are still the best