The idea of Levi Brown coming in to save the Steelers' floundering left tackle position won't come to fruition at least for another week.
Mike Adams inactive for Jets game; Kelvin Beachum will start.— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) October 13, 2013
Brown, who was acquired during the Steelers' bye week for a conditional draft pick, is active, but won't start, as was the common thought leading into the game.
Beachum has been the team's primary back-up at seemingly every position they have. He started at tight end in Week 1 against the Tennessee Titans (although he was used in a blocking capacity), then moved to center with the injury to Maurkice Pouncey. He spelled Marcus Gilbert at right tackle for a bit, and was set to replace Ramon Foster at left guard if he was unable to play in Week 6 - Foster suffered a pectoral muscle injury in the Steelers' Week 4 loss to Minnesota.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Jets Pregame Stream
- The Standard is The Standard Show, Steelers vs. Jets Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets: Mike Adams deactivated
- The Steelers will get a takeaway against the Jets...right?
- Defensive key matchup: Polamalu vs. Smith
- Fantasy Football: Which Steelers to start/sit
- Offensive key katchup: Velasco vs. Richardson
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Jets in Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets Week 6: TV schedule game time, odds, weather and more
- Reviewing the Steelers roster after multiple transactions
- Polamalu: 'If attitude won games, we'd go out and get cheerleaders'
- LeBeau is 15-2 against rookie quarterbacks, like Jets Geno Smith
- Steelers vs. Jets Preview: Gut check time at MetLife Stadium