He wasn't on the bench for long.
Veteran DE Brett Keisel left the game late in the first half with a rib injury, and he's questionable to return to the game. Hood has replaced him.
It could be a big loss. The Steelers' defense has held the Jets mostly in check in the running game to this point, but without Keisel, they may struggle to keep their edge.
The Steelers took a 16-6 lead on a 55-yard touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Emmanuel Sanders. It's been a tough, defensive game through the first half and into the third quarter, and it doesn't seem like much could swing the game one way or the other.
The Steelers lead 16-6 in the third quarter, after their first takeaway of the season - an interception from Ryan Clark.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Jets Pregame Stream
- The Standard is The Standard Show, Steelers vs. Jets Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets: Mike Adams deactivated
- The Steelers will get a takeaway against the Jets...right?
- Defensive key matchup: Polamalu vs. Smith
- Fantasy Football: Which Steelers to start/sit
- Offensive key katchup: Velasco vs. Richardson
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Jets in Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets Week 6: TV schedule game time, odds, weather and more
- Reviewing the Steelers roster after multiple transactions
- Polamalu: 'If attitude won games, we'd go out and get cheerleaders'
- LeBeau is 15-2 against rookie quarterbacks, like Jets Geno Smith
- Steelers vs. Jets Preview: Gut check time at MetLife Stadium