Just a few thoughts from me.
- Pittsburgh is actually a pretty solid bet at 10:1 if you ask me. In my mind, there chances are just as good as any team in front of them, besides perhaps Indianapolis.
- Yes New Orleans' road might be a bit easier because they're in the NFC, but there's plenty of teams in that conference that are more than capable of taking down New Orleans in a winner-takes-all battle in January. Philadelphia, Minnesota and even Dallas come to mind.
- I find it fairly interesting that Vegas - and subsequently the public - feels Baltimore is still legit contenders despite losing three of their past four. I don't disagree necessarily, but I also don't think a home win against a Denver team that's not well equipped to punish the Ravens with the vertical passing game is all that impressive. Let's see how they look when they take on Cincy and Pittsburgh - both of which are teams plenty capable of stretching the field.
- Pretty comical that the Bills are getting the same odds as the Titans, despite having two more wins than them.
- If I had to place a super long shot bet, I'd probably do so on Carolina - but after they lose this coming weekend at New Orleans. Their odds might then drop to something like 175 or 200 to 1, but they might not be out of it considering how the Giants are reeling, how no team in the NFC West looks formidable at all outside of Arizona, and how they might be able to catch the Falcons, Bears and Packers if they got hot and eeked out 9 or 10 wins and got some help from those inconsistent teams.
- Interesting also that Minnesota is favored over Pittsburgh despite their recent head-to-head showdown.
Anyway, just a little fun as Week 9 approaches. More on the Broncos game coming soon.