A whole lot of stuff comes into the inbox in the lead up to the Super Bowl. I learned that lesson two years ago. Some I respond to, most I do not. Here's one I did agree to participate in though hoping that one of you locals would win tickets to the big game. I know the vast majority of you aren't from Pittsburgh, or at least aren't living or working within the actual city limits. But still, there's quite a few of you out there and hopefully one of you winds up the winner. If so, first few beers are on me down in Dallas!
THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL! WHICH MEANS… EVERYONE IN PITTSBURGH THIS WEEKEND WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN TICKETS
The Dallas Convention & Visitor’s Bureau is giving away two tickets to the Superbowl, along with 4 nights accommodation, $500 towards travel and tickets to the NFL Experience. Full contest details can be found on their
Facebook Fan Page at www.Facebook.com/VisitDallas
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS…
A Mystery Man will wander the streets of Pittsburgh all weekend between 9am and 7pm, starting Friday. To win, the winner must be the first person to find him and say the secret phrase. The secret phrase can only be found on the Visit Dallas Facebook Page. Exclusive clues to his location at certain times during the day will be posted by the following participating blogs:
The @DallasSBHunt Twitter account will support your efforts and work to build hype. All discussion about the Pittsburgh Giveaway will use the hashtag #SBHuntPGH.
So, in summary,
- "like" the Visit Dallas page on Facebook here (required to get the 'secret phrase')
- Follow @DallasSBhunt on Twitter – clues to the location of the mystery man will be revealed on January 28, 2011 (not required because I will release them here and on BTSC's Twitter account)
- Find the Mystery Man and say the secret phrase. He will be wandering the streets of Pittsburgh between 9am and 7pm – Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you are the first to find him – you win.
- 2 tickets to the Super Bowl
- 4 Nights Accommodations
- $500 towards travel to Dallas
Unsolicited tip from c'est moi: Don't sweat finding him too hard tomorrow. Notice how the promotion runs through Sunday? You can count on the clues being totally impossible at first, then gradually becoming easier on the weekend. Just a guess. But just sayin', if you're unable to get into town until Saturday, I'd say the contest will still be going on for sure.