The following will conclude big_jay71's first complete 2011 NFL Mock Draft for BTSC this spring. A job well done by him, for sure. Many thanks to you all for weighing in with your thoughts.
Behind the Steel Curtain Late-February 2011 NFL Mock Draft:
161. Carolina Panthers - Niles Paul WR, Nebraska
Brandon LaFell and Armani Edwards failed to distinguish themselves as a reliable number two receiver.
162. Cincinnati Bengals - Terrance Toliver WR, LSU
Cincy will probably get rid of T.O. and OchoCinco and will need to reload at the position.
163. Cleveland Browns (via Denver Broncos) - Marcus Gilchrist CB, Clemson
Eric Wright underachieved last season.
164. Buffalo Bills - Kyle Hix OT, Texas
Cornell Green was awful at RT.
165. Cleveland Browns - Jeremy Kerley WR, TCU
Cleveland needs WR's.
166. Arizona Cardinals - Chykie Brown CB, Texas
Arizona needs an upgrade over Greg Toler.
167. Minnesota Vikings - Tori Gurley WR, South Carolina
Sidney Rice is a free agent and Bernard Berrian is awful.
168. Seattle Seahawks (via Detroit Lions) - Alex Henery K, Nebraska
Olindo Mare is a free agent.
169. San Francisco 49ers - Chris Rucker FS, Michigan State
Dashon Goldson is a free agent.
170. Tennessee Titans - Anthony Gray NT, Southern Miss
Tennessee needs a big run-stuffing DT.
171. Dallas Cowboys - Tyrod Taylor QB/WR, Virginia Tech
When Romo was hurt the offense took a nose dive. Taylor is very raw but extremely athletic with a strong arm. He could also be converted to WR.
172. Washington Redskins - Darren Evans RB, Virginia Tech
Clinton Portis has no tread left on the tires.
173. Houston Texans - Chas Henry P, Florida
Matt Turk is 43 years old.
174. Miami Dolphins - Steve Schilling OG, Michigan
Richie Incognito is a free agent.
175. St. Louis Rams - Brian Rolle OLB, Ohio State
St. Louis needs an upgrade at WLB.
176. Oakland Raiders - Andrew Jackson OG, Fresno State
Robert Gallery is a free agent.
177. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jarriel King OT, South Carolina
Jacksonville has no depth at OT after cutting Jordan Black.
178. San Diego Chargers - DeAndre Brown WR, Southern Miss
San Diego loves tall, big-bodied WR's like 6'6", 228lbs DeAndre Brown.
179. Detroit Lions (from Philadelphia Eagles via Tampa Bay) - Alex Linnenkohl OC, Oregon State
Detroit could use an upgrade over Dominic Raiola.
180. New York Giants - Mike Blanc DE/DT, Auburn
Mathias Kiwanuka and Barry Cofield are both free agents, and the Giants love to stockpile D-linemen.
181. Philadelphia Eagles - Quizz Rodgers RB, Oregon State
Jerome Harrison is a free agent and Rodgers is a good fit for Andy Reid's offense.
182. Kansas City Chiefs - Chase Beeler OC/OG, Stanford
Casey Wiegmann is a 38 year old free agent.
183. Indianapolis Colts - Jeff Maehl WR, Oregon
Indy has a lot of injury issues at WR.
184. Denver Broncos (from New England Patriots via New Orleans) - Zach Pianalto TE, North Carolina
Josh McDaniels screwed Denver when he traded away Tony Scheffler.
185. San Francisco 49ers (via Seattle Seahawks) - Chris White ILB, Mississippi State
Takeo Spikes is 34 years old.
186. Baltimore Ravens - Alex Wujciak ILB, Maryland
I realize I mocked Baltimore an ILB already but they always draft on talent and not need, hence why they took two TE's last year.
187. Atlanta Falcons - Justin Boren OG, Ohio State
Justin Blalock and Harvey Dahl are both free agents.
188. New England Patriots - Josh Bynes ILB, Auburn
With every need seemingly filled by now New England will go with the BPA and add depth to their linebacking corps.
189. New York Jets - Wayne Daniels DE/OLB, TCU
The Jets need to improve their pass-rush.
190. Chicago Bears - Jonas Mouton OLB, Michigan
Pisa Tinoisamoa is a 30 year old free agent.
191. Pittsburgh Steelers - Zach Hurd OG, Connecticut
Willie Colon, Jonathan Scott, Doug Legursky, Tony Hills, and Trai Essex are all free agents. Hills and Scott should be allowed to walk, as should Essex but the Steelers may re-sign because of his versatility, but the Steelers will need some depth on the O-line.
192. Green Bay Packers - Brian Duncan DE/OLB, Texas Tech
Green Bay needs someone to challenge Erik Walden at OLB.
193. Green Bay Packers (via Carolina Panthers) - Andy Dalton QB, TCU
There's talk of Green Bay trading current back-up QB Matt Flynn.
194. Denver Broncos - Terrell McClain DT, South Florida
Denver needs more DT's for their conversion to the 4-3 defense.
195. Buffalo Bills - Kenny Rowe DE/OLB, Oregon
The Bills are desperate for pass-rushers.
196. Cincinnati Bengals - Thomas Claiborne OG, Boston College
Cincy could use depth at OG.
197. New York Jets (via Arizona Cardinals) - Kai Forbath K, UCLA
The Jets apparently have no faith in Nick Folk.
198. Seattle Seahawks (via Cleveland Browns) - Willie Smith OT, East Carolina
Sean Locklear is a free agent and needs to be replaced anyway.
199. San Francisco 49ers (via Detroit Lions) - Darvin Adams WR, Auburn
San Fran needs someone to challenge Ted Ginn for the slot position.
200. San Francisco 49ers - Roy Helu RB, Nebraska
Brian Westbrook is a 31 year old free agent with an injury history.
201. Tennessee Titans - Zane Taylor OC/OG, Utah
The Titans lack interior O-line depth.
202. Dallas Cowboys - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
203. Washington Redskins - Stanley Havili FB, USC
They could use an upgrade over Mike Sellers.
204. Houston Texans - Ryan Whalen WR, Stanford
Jacoby Jones is a free agent and Kevin Walter's skills have diminished.
205. Minnesota Vikings - Curtis Marsh CB, Utah State
Antoine Winfield is 34 years old and Cedric Griffin has injury issues.
206. St. Louis Rams - David Arkin OG, Missouri State
Adam Goldberg needs to be replaced at RG.
207. Miami Dolphins - Jerrod Johnson QB/WR/Wildcat, Texas A&M
At this point Johnson is a pure athlete without a position. He's extremely raw at QB but has the ability to play in the Wildcat if the Dolphins do not retain Ronnie Brown. And at 6'5", 245lbs. he could also be a red zone threat at WR.
208. Miami Dolphins (via Jacksonville Jaguars) - Chris Conte FS, California
Chris Clemons needs to be replaced badly.
209. Oakland Raiders - John Clay RB, Wisconsin
Michael Bush is a free agent.
210. Dallas Cowboys (via San Diego Chargers) - David Carter DE/DT, UCLA
Dallas needs D-line depth.
211. New York Giants - Denarius Moore WR, Tennessee
Steve Smith is a free agent with a knee injury.
212. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brandon Fusco OC, Slippery Rock
Jeff Faine has an injury history.
213. Kansas City Chiefs - Brandon Bair DE/DT, Oregon
K.C. will need D-line depth with so many free agents.
214. Indianapolis Colts - Martin Parker DT, Richmond
Indy needs DT depth with Antonio Johnson, Daniel Muhr, and Eric Foster all free agents.
215. Baltimore Ravens (via Philadelphia Eagles) - Anthony Allen RB/FB, Georgia Tech
Le'Ron McClain is a free agent.
216. New Orleans Saints - Jermale Hines SS, Ohio State
Roman Harper is a free agent.
217. Seattle Seahawks - Korey Lindsey CB, Southern Illinois
Seattle lacks secondary depth.
218. Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Hogan CB/PR, West Virginia
So many of Baltimore's CB's are free agents.
219. Atlanta Falcons - Weslye Saunders TE, South Carolina
Tony Gonzalez's stats looked good but anyone who watched Atlanta's games could see a significant drop in his abilities. Saunders has second round abilities but has never lived up to his potential and has gotten into some trouble which is why he's fallen so far.
220. Atlanta Falcons (via New England Patriots) - Aldrick Robinson WR, SMU
Atlanta could use an upgrade over Harry Douglas.
221. Chicago Bears - Forfeited due to 7th round pick in the 2010 supplemental draft
222. Detroit Lions (via New York Jets) - Forfeited due to tampering charges
223. Pittsburgh Steelers - Henry Hynoski FB/H-back/TE, Pittsburgh
Hynoski would compete with current H-back/TE/FB David Johnson. He's a great blocker with decent pass-catching ability.
224. Green Bay Packers - Wes Byrum K, Auburn
Mason Crosby is a free agent and has never lived up to the hype he had coming into the league.