Very pleased Michael H. (Steeler_) was able to join the mix for our second round here. Good stuff from him. Thanks guys for setting a nice pace early. Next up: the Cincinnati Bengals, represented by dietrich43. - Michael B. -
With no solid Pass Rushing option available at #34 [how did Brooks Reed go 16th overall??], the Buffalo Bills look to the other side of the ball and take BPA by selecting: Kyle Rudolph, Tight End, Notre Dame
The Buffalo Bills could easily take a quarterback with this pick and I understand that, however spending time over at Buffalo Rumblings I am not convinced that the Bills faithful are coveting any Quarterback in the 2nd round and much prefer the idea of waiting for next years crop.
Obviously, I wanted to pick a Pass Rushing OLB for the Bills, but a couple picks in our 1st round (notably Brooks Reed/Martez Wilson) have limited the supply of Pass Rushers available here.
Kyle Rudolph is outstanding value at #34 for the Bills, and a position of need as they try to upgrade their offensive firepower.
Rudolph is a tall man who is very fast for a TE, I like to compare his play to that of Zach Miller, who has been a standout player on a very poor Raiders team. I think Rudolph has the ability to be a similar contributor for the Bills. Rudolph is a blue collar type player, not always blessed with the physical talents of others out on the field, but he makes up for it with sheer effort. He has outstanding hands not to mention he is great after the catch, fights for the ball, lowers his pads and grinds out for extra yardage. Not the best blocker from the Tight End position technically, but he isn't shy to getting involved and paving the way on screens.
He also lined up often in the slot in college, flexed out from the line which improves his versatility offensively and will allow Chan Gailey to create packages by moving Rudolph around to take advantage of defensive mismatches.
Ignore the hamstring concerns, this is a tough kid who will be one hell of a player on a team desperate for reliable weapons.
Kyle Rudolph Video Highlights
- Carolina Panthers -- Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
- Denver Broncos -- Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
- Buffalo Bills -- Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
- Cincinnati Bengals -- Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
- Arizona Cardinals -- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Cleveland Browns --
'The Snow Cone Machine'A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
- San Francisco 49ers -- Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
- Tennessee Titans -- Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
- Dallas Cowboys -- Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
- Washington Redskins -- Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
- Houston Texans -- Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri
- Minnesota Vikings -- Tyron Smith, OT, USC
- Detroit Lions -- JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
- St. Louis Rams -- Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
- Miami Dolphons -- Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
- Jacksonville Jaguars -- Brooks Reed , DE, Arizona
- New England Patriots -- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
- San Diego Chargers -- Ryan Kerrigan, DE/OLB, Purdue
- New York Giants -- Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
- Kansas City Chiefs -- Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
- Indianapolis Colts -- Cameron Jordan, DL, California
- Philadelphia Eagles -- Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
- New Orleans Saints -- Justin Houston, DE/OLB, Georgia
- Seattle Seahawks -- Jake Locker, QB, Washington
- Baltimore Ravens -- Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
- Atlanta Falcons -- Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
- New England Patriots -- Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
- Chicago Bears --Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
- New York Jets -- Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
- Pittsburgh Steelers -- Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
- Green Bay Packers -- Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor