The Steelers announced their inactives.
As well as the surprise starter at left tackle, Kelvin Beachum.
Mike Adams inactive for Jets game; Kelvin Beachum will start.— Gerry Dulac (@gerrydulac) October 13, 2013
It's yet another position for Beachum, who may kick extra points in the event Shaun Suisham gets hurt. After the game, he's expected to conduct interviews for the Steelers Radio Network, followed by helping MetLife Stadium grounds crew replace any worn out surface spots.
The Steelers will kick off their fifth game of the season at 1 p.m. ET from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. It's difficult to feel overly confident for the Steelers in this game, as the Jets have been playing some solid football in all three phases lately. Their defensive line is among the best in the game, active and athletic.
It's a challenge, no doubt, but with a surging offense, the Steelers may be able to make enough plays to keep them in it.
As always, please be respectful in the comments. Swearing is tolerated, but let's not celebrate that freedom or anything. Disputes and arguments are welcomed, just do it in a respectful manner and tone.
The second half thread will be posted during halftime, so be on the lookout for that. Also, we'll have Winners and Losers as well as the game write-up right after, so stick around.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers vs. Jets Pregame Stream
- The Standard is The Standard Show, Steelers vs. Jets Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets: Mike Adams deactivated
- The Steelers will get a takeaway against the Jets...right?
- Defensive key matchup: Polamalu vs. Smith
- Fantasy Football: Which Steelers to start/sit
- Offensive key katchup: Velasco vs. Richardson
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Jets in Week 6
- Steelers vs. Jets Week 6: TV schedule game time, odds, weather and more
- Reviewing the Steelers roster after multiple transactions
- Polamalu: 'If attitude won games, we'd go out and get cheerleaders'
- LeBeau is 15-2 against rookie quarterbacks, like Jets Geno Smith
- Steelers vs. Jets Preview: Gut check time at MetLife Stadium