The team didn't comment on the severity of the injury, and it could be seen as positive that he returned to the field. A player may try to practice after such an injury in an effort to determine how capable they are of playing.
Recently acquired tight end Richard Gordon was limited with a toe injury.
Right tackle Marcus Gilbert (quadriceps) was limited for the second straight day, raising an eyebrow or two over his availability. With Kelvin Beachum at left tackle, it would seem Mike Adams - who started six games last season at right tackle, including two against Baltimore - would be his replacement should Gilbert not be able to play.
Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley was limited Wednesday with a knee injury, but returned fully Thursday. Brett Keisel (ribs) and Heath Miller (rest) returned fully to Thursday's practice.
The Steelers host the Ravens at 1 p.m. ET Sunday, Oct. 27.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers/Ravens Week: Everything you need to know
- Steelers Thursday Notebook
- Coming down to QB play
- Steelers film breakdown: New face, new statement
- Tomlin supporting Bell
- Steelers Injury Report: Jarvis Jones sidelined in practice Wednesday
- Antonio Brown unsure whether alleged altercation with Todd Haley increased his production
- Ravens vs. Steelers: Great Expectations Week
- Steelers add WR Devon Wylie to practice squad
- Max Starks has not spoken with the Steelers