Update: ESPN's Scott Brown and Adam Schefter reported it's for a conditional late-round pick.
The trade is dependent upon Brown passing a physical.
The Steelers have struggled quite a bit in pass protection this year, with the left tackle spot being the focal point of those failures. In Brown, they get an experienced veteran, but one coming off a major injury that cost him the 2012 season.
He isn't off to a great start in 2013, either, as evidenced by the fact the Cardinals were willing to deal what should be a marquee position on a team. Neither team has an outstanding offensive line, and it appears the Steelers feel he'll have more value than what they currently have.
Whether this means Kelvin Beachum will not make his first start at left tackle remains to be seen, but the Steelers have the next four days off before returning to prepare to face the Jets in Week 6.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- STEELERS TRADE: Deal finalized with Cardinals for OT Levi Brown
- Levi Brown trade: Everything we know
- Adams benched for Beachum
- Beachum's long, winding road
- Rams release Max Starks as Ravens trade for Eugene Monroe
- Steelers Postgame News, Updates and Analysis
- Report: Foster initially suffered chest injury in Week 3
- Ben: 'You could say we are the worst team in the league'