To clear up a roster spot, the Steelers released cornerback Isaiah Green, and will fill it with the newest Steeler, offensive tackle Levi Brown.
We have traded the Cardinals for OT Levi Brown. Isaiah Green was released to make room. We're giving up a conditional pick in the deal.— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 2, 2013
According to the team's web site he has not yet been given a number. He won't wear No. 75 in Pittsburgh, as he did in Arizona.
The Steelers reported Wednesday Brown agreed to renegotiate his contract prior to the trade. He will make a veteran minimum salary for the remainder of the 2013 season, thus not causing any significant salary cap concern for the Steelers.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Markus Wheaton had surgery on broken pinkie
- STEELERS TRADE: Deal finalized with Cardinals for OT Levi Brown
- Levi Brown trade: Everything we know
- Steelers Film Room: No margin for error in Week 4
- A summarized history of the career of Mike Adams
- Meet Levi Brown, the newest Steelers player
- Levi Brown renegotiated his contract, will make veteran minimum
- Why the Steelers may be in denial
- Cardinals 'rejoice' over trade
- Cardinals were prepared to cut Levi Brown before trading him to Pittsburgh
- Adams benched for Beachum
- Beachum's long, winding road
- Rams release Max Starks as Ravens trade for Eugene Monroe Follow @NealCoolong