In a game in which the defense has held on, but hasn't yet broken, the Steelers lost defensive end Brett Keisel when he limped off the field at the end of the third quarter.
Ziggy Hood replaced him, the second game into his benching.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin challenged the spot of the ball after wide receiver Marlon Brown stepped out of bounds before the 19-yard line. Perhaps he wanted to buy some time to get Keisel back on the field.
He didn't come back anyway, and the Steelers held the Ravens on a third and short situation. They got it on a sneak by quarterback Joe Flacco.
Keisel's loss will be felt if this game continues as close as it's been. The lack of big play production has cost this team throughout this season - and the last two, for that matter - and the defense is heading down that path again in this game.
Justin Tucker hit his third field goal of the game, bringing the score to 13-9 in the fourth quarter.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Marcus Gilbert injury: Quad keeping Steelers right tackle questionable to return
- Ravens vs. Steelers Pregame stream
- The Standard is The Standard Show - Week 7 vs. Ravens
- 'League of Denial' blames NFL, but we're all guilty
- Gone are the days of power running Steelers vs. Ravens games
- Fantasy Football Week 7: Which Steelers to sit/start
- Key Matchups: Steelers OTs vs. Ravens OLBs
- 5 reasons the Steelers will beat the Ravens in Week 7
- Nuts and bolts of key information leading into Week 7