The Steelers '13 season now heads into its 7th week. The Steelers have defeated the modern rival Ravens, but before they can travel to face their historic rival the Raiders Steelers Nation must still wrestle with 5 Burning Questions.
1. Beginning with the day he was signed, the worst nightmare of the press, the coaches and Steelers Nation was that injuries would dictate that Guy Whimper enter a game for the Steelers. Well, it happened. Well, it happened. What do you think of his play? Was all the worry about warranted or was all of the whimpering about Whimper much to do about nothing?
2. Derek Moye has now caught a touchdown pass on a fade pattern, made the most difficult catch of the year for the Steelers, if not the NFL, but dropped another gimmie end zone touchdown pass. Has he shown enough to get consideration for a helmet after Marcus Wheaton returns?
3. Many have said that Emmanuel Sanders did the Steelers a favor by stepping out of bounds because had he scored the Ravens would have had two minutes to get back into the game. Agree or disagree? Defend your answer.
4. Whether cutting Redman was a mistake or the right move has been debated here and elsewhere, but the decision leaves the Steelers with three halfbacks and one fullback. Consider this. In 2000: the Steelers opened the season with Jerome Bettis, Richard Huntley, Amos Zereoue, Jon Witman and Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala with Dan Krieder on the practice squad.
What does this contrast in roster composition tell you about the State of the Running Game in the NFL?
5. In his must-read article on "League of Denial" PaVaSteeler claims that we're all guilty, the NFL, the NFLPA, press, medical community, and yes fans, creating a warrior culture that willfully ignored warning signs on the long-term effects of brain trauma.
At a minimum, former Steelers, Mike Webster, Justin Strzelczky and quite possibly Terry Long, have had brain trauma contribute to early and often violent deaths. Given that, do you think the Steelers as an organization more responsibility than other NFL franchises?
There you go folks. Now have at it!