For whatever issues the Steelers offensive line may have had in the past, or will have in the future, it wasn't on the right side in the Steelers' 21-18 loss to the Oakland Raiders in Week 8.
Right tackle Marcus Gilbert received a +3.2 grade, while right guard David DeCastro nothced a +2.9 on the day, despite an ankle injury that limited him to about 61 percent of the Steelers' offensive snaps (44 of 72).
It was the highest mark Gilbert received in his three-year career.
DeCastro's performance moved him to third in the NFL, behind Philadelphia's Evan Mathis (+25.1) and Louis Vasquez (+13.7). He's nearly four points ahead of fourth-place Daryn Colledge of Arizona (+7.9).
Brett Keisel was the Steelers' highest scorer, earning a +4.5, the highest the defensive end has had since a +4.9 last year against Kansas City.
Linebacker Vince Williams (-1.9) was the low man on defense, with Jason Worilds (-1.2) being the other player in the red range (below -0.9). Troy Polamalu had a +2.0 and Cortez Allen was at +1.3.
Mike Adams filled in for a stretch at left tackle when Beachum moved inside, and put up a +1.2 overall, his best grade this season, in 39 snaps. But the rest of the offense failed to score better than +1.0, with David Paulson (-1.9), Kelvin Beachum (-2.8), Heath Miller (-1.5), Le'Veon Bell (-1.1), Guy Whimper (-2.5) and Felix Jones (-1.2) hitting the red.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers smacked in the face by Raiders: All postgame news and updates
- Margin of error was too great for Steelers
- Spence enters Week 3 of practice
- Ben was looking for a flag before timeout
- Tomlin's history lesson ends in S.O.S.
- DeCastro injury could hinder teamwork development among offensive line
- Steelers need to evaluate punting position
- Major containment issues on Pryor's record-setting run
- Steelers injury report: David DeCastro, Guy Whimper scheduled for MRIs
- Winners and Losers in Steelers Week 8 loss to Raiders
- Steelers vs. Raiders final score: Pittsburgh dominated in three phases by Oakland in 21-18 loss
- David DeCastro injury: Steelers out of linemen as right guard hurts ankle in third quarter