DeCastro went down after playing about 2/3 of the Steelers offensive snaps in their loss to Oakland in Week 8. He's been getting stronger with each passing game, and his absence would be a significant blow to an up-and-down offensive line.
Tomlin says Wheaton being evaluated could play for #Steelers DeCastro limited early could play. Ramon Foster cleared to practice— Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) October 29, 2013
Left guard Ramon Foster suffered a concussion in the game, but has been cleared to practice in preparation for the game.
Offensive lineman Guy Whimper suffered a hyperextended knee, and he should play, according to Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Steelers smacked in the face by Raiders: All postgame news and updates
- NFL Trade Deadline: Is moving Sanders an option?
- William Gay takes over starting spot from Cortez Allen
- Worilds moves ahead of Jones on depth chart
- NFL Week 9 Power Rankings
- Raiders DC apologizes for flicking off official
- Keisel taking it upon himself to remind team of need to start better
- Bell: We were out-executed
- Maybe no news is good news for DeCastro
- Gilbert, Keisel given top PFF grades in loss to Raiders