The general idea is understandable enough.
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger dusted off a recent trade rumor by stating his relationship with Todd Haley is a "great relationship." So good, in fact, "it's turning into a really good one."
Perhaps in Roethlisberger's world, "great" comes before "really good." The point being, according to Roethlisberger on this particular day and time, he and Haley are getting along fine.
He also pointed out his knowledge of the likeliness of receiving a contract extension this offseason would be news to him.
"I'm so ignorant when it comes to that stuff," he said on his weekly radio show. "I do what my agents tell me, (but) I'll have my input for things. My job is to go play football, and that's what my focus is and (what) I try to do."
It's ok to tease the star quarterback a little bit, and it's humorous to think he really has no idea where he sits with his contract. He's saying the right things as he prepares to face the Lions in Week 11 - Bee uniforms and all. It's worth a few cheap laughs, especially if the relationship he has with Haley is burgeoning all the way to "really, really decent status."
More from Behind the Steel Curtain:
- Foster may miss early practice time with high ankle sprain
- Marshall's comments can serve as motivation for NFC North-leading Lions
- Lions vs. Steelers: Shamarko Thomas ruled out in Week 11
- Steelers Film Room: Steelers take control in the trenches
- BTSC Week 11 Power Rankings
- It's hard for Haley to ignore the chip on Jonathan Dwyer's shoulder
- Ben Trade Rumors: Rapoport stands by his story in wake of mounting criticism